Will you be using Amazon or other online retailers this Christmas? If you are, there’s an easy way you can make every purchase into a life-changing gift for orphans in Egypt.
Here’s how you can do it. Many online retailers will donate to the nonprofit of your choice just for shopping on their site. It’s free. All you have to do is choose which nonprofit your donation will go to. This year, you can choose Coptic Orphans, so that your Christmas generosity is transformed into quality education, health care, and many other benefits that help children grow up stronger and break the cycle of poverty.
Many online retailers offer this gift-giving, and each one is a little different. To make it easier, I’m listing a couple of the larger ones, so that your Christmas cheer reaches all the way to Egypt!
Amazon Smile is simple. Every time you buy an item using smile.amazon.com, .5% of your purchase goes to a pre-selected nonprofit organization . You don’t have to pay a single extra penny. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you will be prompted to select a charitable organization from a list of eligible organizations, search for Coptic Orphans and you’re good to go. But remember, this only works if you use smile.amazon.com, so add it to your favorites list!
Love coupons? Try GoodShop. It has coupons for thousands of different online stores, so it saves you money. And not only that, every time you buy something through GoodShop, they make a donation to a charity of your choice ! Save money AND change the lives of children in Egypt, what could be better?
Here’s how to use GoodShop:
1. Visit goodsearch.com, and go to the “How It Works” tab on the upper right of the page.
2. Select “Support a Cause” in the drop down menu.
3. Type “Coptic Orphans” when asked “Who Do You Want to Help?”
4. Register and create a user profile that allows you to track how much you’ve raised for the kids.
5. Use the GoodShop tab at the top of the homepage or go to GoodShop to visit their online shopping mall and browse through thousands of partner stores, including top brands in clothing, office supplies, gifts and more.
6. Click through to the store and shop as you normally would. You pay nothing extra, but a portion of all qualifying purchases will go to your cause.
7. 100% of the donation amount displayed on merchant’s GoodShop page will go to Coptic Orphans for the children.
I’m just adding this one in because it’s a favorite of ours at the Coptic Orphans office. GoodSearch.com isn’t quite like the rest of these give-as-you-buy websites… it’s even cooler. GoodSearch is a search engine that donates 1¢ every time you search for something online. All Coptic Orphans staff members have been using GoodSearch and we’ve already earned enough to enroll one more child into our program for an entire year! It’s great to see the pennies add up into life-changing opportunities for our kids! Here’s how to make GoodSearch your search engine, and generate money for the kids with every search:
1. Visit www.goodsearch.com and — again, under the “How It Works” tab, and the drop down menu’s “Support a Cause” item — enter “Coptic Orphans” when asked who you want to support.
2. Create a user profile that will allow you to keep track of how much you’ve raised for the kids.
3. Use the search box on our homepage or download a Good To-Go add-on to search the Internet just like you normally would, with the added bonus that you are earning a donation to the children for virtually every search.